Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
- Member in good standing of at least one FASEB Member Society
- Individuals within seven years of first independent faculty / research scientist position
- Diligently execute a Board member’s fiduciary duties of care, loyalty, and obedience
- Abide by the Board norms.
- Diligently prepare for and attend monthly Board conference calls and 3 in-person meetings of the Board as a voting member
- Exercise independent judgement and willingness to express dissenting views in an appropriate manner inside the board room and board discussions
- Attend at least 50% of the calls and meetings annually
- Comply with FASEB travel policies and timely submission of expense reports for Board meetings
Characteristics of successful applicants may include the following:
- Interest in / passion for / experience with advocating on behalf of the biological and biomedical sciences
- Experience engaging with a variety of stakeholders, such as professional societies, funders, the general public, etc.
- Volunteer experience on boards, councils, or committees
- Interest in gaining working knowledge of federal agency processes
- Respectful and supportive of transparent, open discussion and consensus-based decision making
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary information
- 3 in-person or virtual Board meetings of 1.5 days each, plus travel and preparation time
- 9 Board calls of approximately 1 hr. each plus preparation time
- 1-2 hours per month email correspondence
- Ad-hoc calls as required
- Potential to volunteer, or be asked to participate in, task forces or committees.
FASEB is dedicated to increasing diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusivity within the life sciences. As part of this effort, we highly encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups within the life sciences community to apply.